Monday, June 15, 2015

Trying...

Dear Fam and Friends,

BAHH I cant believe Devin Brown and Spencer Richards are already home! I bet that is so fun to see everyone.
This week we had so much fun and worked so hard! We visited as many less-actives as we could, called the ones we couldnt visit, and yesterday at church there were more less actives than we have seen in months! It was so fun to see all the members excited about missionary work, there was a special spirit in church yesterday. The members here are incredible. 

This week was President and Sister Yamashitas last Zone Conference! Sooo sad. Love love them. He played "Im trying to be like Jesus" at the end. He wants this to be our goal- to focus on being like the Savior. It was a tender mercy, as I was thinking about driving to the MTC listening to dad sing that song.

I'm trying to love my neighbor;
I'm learning to serve my friends.
I watch for the day of gladness when Jesus will come again.
I try to remember the lessons he taught.
Then the Holy Spirit enters into my thoughts, saying:
Love one another as Jesus loves you. 
Try to show kindness in all that you do. 
Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought, 
For these are the things Jesus taught.

I love the message of this song. We don't have to be just like the savior,there is no way we can be! But we can TRY. I love how close we can feel to the Savior. Through the plan of Salvation, we know that we can accomplish all the trials and harships in this life- the Savior knows everything, and Him and our Father know and love us perfectly. Any hard time can become a beautiful miracle and tender mercy, because they can each bring us closer to Christ. 

Thank you so much for the birthday love! That day was actually a very spiritual experience, because I felt so much love from so many people. Im sorry, no time but love you so much. SO MUCH. Keep pushing and enduring. By living the gospel of Jesus Christ and enduring to the end, you are doing everything right. 

Love love love you!
Love, Sister Wilcox






 

No comments:

Post a Comment