Thursday, June 4, 2015

Infinite Worth (email from May 3, 2015)

Beloved Family and Friends,

We had a fantastic week here in Shizuoka. Im sorry no time this week, I will update you on everything next week when we SKYPE. I will skype here monday around 10ish am.

We had a way neat experience last night actually. Our eternal investigator had us over for dinner (Nakayama san), and she had asked us if she could bring her friend over who is interested in religion, and have us share our message! WOW Yes please. All week I was so nervous, I felt like this was a make-it-or-break-it, and Stewart Shimai and I worked hard together to prepare for this lesson. I really wanted to understand what the Lord wanted to tell Nakayama's friend, and through my companion and I, I felt like we were helping the spirit do His job. The best moments are when you feel like an effective tool in the Masters' hands. We were not there 10 minutes when she started asking about our church, we ended up teaching the entire Restoration and Plan of Salvation. We also taught about good/evil, the priesthood, and eternal families. We even showed an I am Mormon video. It was so fun to be able to fulfill our missionary purpose with her, and TEACH. That is our job as missionaries, and I am so grateful we were able to have such a wonderful teaching opportunity. She was soaking it all in. It was amazing to see and FEEL how distinct the Spirit was. We could tell such a real difference from when the spirit was there, and when it wasnt . She explained to us her beliefs about feeling happiness and energy from the sun, flowers, water, etc, and the feeling was SO different. She told us at one point that life is like a big mountain. Everyone is climbing the mountain trying to make it to our end goal (Gods presence/Life again with God). Some people walk up the mountain, some people ride a Ferrari, some people ride a bus, etc. She said as long as everyone makes it to the goal, why does it matter how you get there? (different churches). We asked her, what if we didnt have to wait until the end to reach God? What if we could feel God, and have a personal relationship with him, have his help and comfort NOW? Why wait if we dont have to ? Why stump your own growth and deny yourself of infinite blessings when you could receive it all now? She didnt say anything for a long time, and I know the spirit was working inside of her. Nakayama san, our investigator also TESTIFIED to her, and told her about the spirit, and what a pure comfort that it brings. It was such a neat experience. We were there for 4 hours! But I know one day she will recognize the Lords love, because it is real, and she is a daughter of God, and He wants her back in His arms.

I studied about infinite worth this week. We are nothing compared with God. I know I am weak and nothing. But God knows our potential- he knows what and who we can become. We can become perfect. We, each of us personally, has INFiNITE worth. Dont ever forget who you are. I know this gospel is true. With all my heart I know it is true! I love the Spirit and the Lords love. Cant wait to talk to you next week.
PARKER Im SO PROUD OF YOU! CANT WAIT TO HEAR WHERE YOU WILL SERVE IN THE LORDS VINEYARD!
Love, Sister Wilcoxd

Displaying image3.JPG
Displaying image2.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment