Monday, November 24, 2014

Mercy

hiiii fam. :)
how are you? heebs is cold huh? this past week was actually way warm! didnt even wear a coat. but i think this week is supposed to be cold. tomorrow we are traveling to Nagoya (4 hour shinkansen ride) for trainers training. i get to see all my peeps from the MTC. Walsh Shimai is leaving on Monday! sooooooo sad. She is traveling around jp with her parents for a week.
Youre going to garths for thanksgiving?? soo fun! Tell everyone hi and i love them! So this Thur we have eikaiwa! but i still wanted to celebrate thanksgiving!!!!!! So i asked my comp if it would be okay to have a thanksgiving party! We explained what thanksgiving was and everyone is bringing food and we will all go around the room and say what we are thankful for (i told them thats what my fam does) and playing games! Susan, a member in our ward from Hawaii, is bringing a turkey and pumpkin pie and candied yams! STOKEEEDDDD. i love america. like wow i love america. shay....do you LOVE AMERICA??? haha

IKEMOTO SAN IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!! this friday. its happening. super exciting. she will be an awesome member. she is super shy but has opened up a ton. please pray for her. our goal is to have 3 baptisms by Christmas as a gift to the Savior. If you could include these people in your prayers..i think they have the most potential right now and i desperately want them to experience the joy that the gospel brings!!!!!!!!!! Evangeline, Yuu chan, Naoko, Mami, and RURI! Mom...i:ll be honest. I LOVE RURI so much. But i feel so bad that i cant speak to her! I feel like i cant do what im supposed to be doing because i cant speak japanese. This is such a miracle that we:ve met, but i feel so inadequte and what if I fail? What if i cant help her or strengthen her? It was super fun to be with her though. She took us to the dollar store and bought us a bunch of stuff. then to visit her mom..ah it was so sad. she is miserable, so sad. While we were there Ruri pulled out a scrapbook that becky made. hahahah it was so fun to see pics of you! Here I am thousands of miles away in a Japanese hospital looking at pictures of my cute mom. I love that me nad you and dad and shay have all done the same thing. how amazing are missions??? anyway then we went to a japanese italian buffet with her friends. they brought their 2 13 year old daughters and they were thrilled to be with us i think. they kept taking pics of us and with us and trying to speak english. they were darling. it was so much fun. we are going to eat at ruris restaurant on thursday!

Today we had a Nabe Party with the ward. Naoko san came! and a potential investigator came! we have invtited about 50 ppl to the baptism haha .hope some can come. I know with no doubt in my mind or heart that what we teach is true. The plan of salvation is such a perfect plan!
Some tender mercies this week: (might sound cheesy...but they really were so comforting)...
We went to the Ooi family:s home to mogi and have lunch. CUTEST old couple and they served a mission at the Tokyo temple. They dendo all the time.. just really neat members. One of my responsibilites this week as a bean chan was to lead lessons...so talk the most pretty much. I was teaching Lesson 2 and all of a sudden i had crazy de ja vu....the green curtains, the old couple, the brown table, my companion next to me..and i realized that it wasnt deja vu ..its a dream ive had several times before my mission! My heart was almost hurting i felt the spirit so strong right then. i realized that this really is exactly where i need to be. Heavenly Father, through the spirit, made it known to me through a DREAM i had months ago and has been preparing me for a long time. I was so grateful for that little testomony builder . When we left, Walsh Shimai said that was the best lesson ive taught.

Yesterday, we were biking to a PIs house. I was in kind of a bad mood, trying to show it..but still in a bad mood. I was sad and lonely, and a little annoyed. As we were biking, i was praying so hard to be comforted and to be able to be happy about dendo that day. At that moment we were biking across a bridge. I looked to the left, and the sky was dark and gray. Honestly, a lot like how i felt. I then looked to the right. There were rays of sunshine beaming through the clouds and it was refreshing and beautiful. At that moment, i was filled with the spirit. I immediately moved my bike over to the right side of the sidewalk, directly behind my companion. I realized that only if i was choosing the right, choosing the ways of Christ and working with my companion in unity, that was the only way that i could benefit others and share the gospel. I needed to repent of my selfishness and bitterness. I could not be more grateful for such a merciful Father . to get second and third and fourth chances at life. and anything, really. There is always hope. And Christ is always waiting for us. its us that turns away from Him.

I love the mission. I really do. I already feel like a different person. Im so grateful for the things i learn every single day. miss you all so much. love you more than anything. have a suuuuper good week!!!!!!!!!!!!
love, whit shimai

ps mom or dad i need to fill out this family history book. can you send me pics in the mail of grandparents and great grandparents and you guys and my siblings?? thanks soooo much. and i am supposeed to write stories or anything. so if iyou have time thatd be super helpful .




No comments:

Post a Comment