Thursday, September 18, 2014

hey y'all (letter from Sep 4, 2014)

GOSH okay so much to say so little time. so first of all..
MOM I LOVED YOUR PACKAGE. hahahahah it was so so so cute!!!! you're the cutest mom. i printed your selfie pic with the headband and hung it up in my room:) i love it! also, you look totally adorable in the headband..and i don't have bangs so i might send it back to you. and you should wear it everyday cuz its SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you so so much. its better than xmas getting packages and letters. everyone in the district freaks out and is so happy when anyone gets a package and we bring it back and open it together. haha.
wow 2 new queen beds? also..are the boys still alive?? i've written them two letters and havent heard from them once and I MISS THEM!!!!!!!!!!! tell them to wrtie me. :)
I SAW NOBUAKI! ahhh it was so fun. So we hear that this Nihonjin is coming to give us a devo. and it happened to be on Pday...sooooo we were all a little bummed. k maybe a lot bummed. We heard it was a singer?? so we're like okay this is gonna be good. well..i get there and see this japanese guy, he looks familiar, but i didn't think i would know him! So the guy starts introducing Nobuaki and he's says his name is Nobuaki. I'm like.."hmm i know a Nobuaki." So he stands up and starts talking and all of a sudden it clicks. and i turn to my companions and i was sooo excited!!! It was like my family was in the room! haha so then later after he tells his conversion story (amazing by the way wow i love him), he starts talking about teaching in the MTC. then he says that he roomed with one of his students. THEN he says his name was Elder Wilcox! And everyone turns and looks at me and Nobuaki goes.." I think his daughter is here in this room" and i kind of scream and im like "HIIIII" hahahah it was so awkward. but i was so happy!!! and he looks at me and he's like "wow i feel like a grandpa and my granddaughter is here" or somehtni like that. hahah ahhh it was so fun. loved it. so i went up after and talked to him and was just so stoked. hes like "you were so little last time i saw you!" i said "ya last time i saw you my parents were'ent home and you went in the kitched and started making dinner!" hahahah. anyway, everyone thought it was so cool and he said he saw gma and gpa last night and coming ot see you tomorrow! I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway...Boys--I read your notes in the orange grateful journal. oh my gosh i was so touched and felt so loved. parker that was the sweetest note anyone has written me. thank you so so much. i miss you! More than i could ever say. i miss you. Fam--i just want to thank you. I have thought about you a lot. Dad, wow. I am so in awe with your diligence, obedience, and love for the Savior. It seriously is incredible to me. I look up to you more than anyone. I can't believe you're my dad! Thank you for everything. Thank you for sacrificing all your time for us. thank you for serving out stake. thank you for serving the Lord. thank you for helping me reach my goals. I LOVE YOU! Mom-- ahh. i'm sitting here writing my email crying! you are my best friend. i cant tell you how much i love you. its going to a long 18 months because i wont be with you. thats why it will be so hard. because of you! so thanks a lot. haha. oh my goodness you are so incredible. thank you for raising me in righteousness. i learned more from your example than anything else. you are amazing, don't ever ever forget it. Shaylee-- ahh you're my inspiration! haha you bet i just sang that in my head. you're the best missionary i've ever known! What amazing work we are doing, and we're doing it together!!!! send me your address, i want to write you allllllthe time. i love you i love you i love you. Thanks for putting up with me and being the best sis. parker--You are so GOOD! i mean it..everyone is drawn you to you, you have the most contagious personality and i can always tell that you are a representative of Christ. Never forget it. You are my man! il ove you more than anything. hope you are so so so happy. Jare bear---ah my homeboy! I miss you little dude. I'm going to come home and you'll be a man! Jaren, don't ever get discouraged. with school, xc, friends, church, life, nothing!!! You have so many people who love and care about you. i'm here for you whenever. You're seriously such an example to me, and you've only influenced me for good. i love you sooo much! Ah miss you.

This week flew by! much faster than my first week haha. Yesterday, we taught the BEST lesson. My teacher, Powell Kyodia, (best best best teacher ever ever ever.), is now our investigator. which is kind of awk cuz he teaches things but i forget so fast haha. he probably things im a little challenged. but it was the best. I felt like I understood most of it, and I could speak to him in Nihongo what the spirit was telling me! It was incredible! I know not all lessons will be like that, so i'm soaking it all in (till we teach in a couple hrs) haha but i just prayed and prayed and thanked heavenly father for helping us. it was amazing.
So i need you all to pray for my comp Asplund Shimai. She is having a really hard time, and its affecting our companionship..or it was. Our branch prez has helped us a lot. She has wayyyy bad anxiety. we've had to skip a lot of class for the dr. and for counseling. she's taking a lot of medicine, day and night, and its really affecting her ability to even function. its been pretty hard on all 3 of us. please pray for her. if you would send her notes or something, she'd love it. she doesn't get a lot of mail.
We go Kohai yesterday! They are super overwhelmed haha I feel bad for them. So pray for them too. :)
We might get to sing at general conference! I'll let you know but wouldnt' that be sooo legit?!!!
Choir has been SO FUN! ah the director is hilarious and super spiritual. i cry everytime.
hahaha ok funny story time:
So every morning for breakfast we get cereal, 2 hard boiled eggs, and fruit. So Kittaka Shimai goes to crack her egg and it was RAW. hahah i died. she cracks the other one..RAW. hahahah so I crack mine..RAW oh my gosh we were on the floor laughing. you'd think we'd learn from the first one.
One night, i had to wax my mustache. (i thought i wouldn't mind being hairy in the MTC, buuuuttt beauty hurts.) so I put on the wax and everyone thought it was hilarious! hahah NO ONE else on our FLOOR waxes. so they were like what the heck are you doing??? i couldn't laugh cuz it was hard on my face. so everyone is dying laughing at my and im just chillin with a green mustache. Barnett Shimai had to rip it off for me and it took like 6 tries. lliterally the whole floor was laughing. hahah oh awk.

I hope you are all diligently reading your scrips and PMG. one hour of scripture study is NOT ENOUGH. i never though id love the BOM so much. wow..it relates to us so much. everypage you will find somehting amazing. Remember-- the most important commandment for us follow is the one that is hardest for us. So make a goal..and choose to commit to that commandment taht may be difficult. Ask HF for help..He will be here whenever we ask. D&C 31:3..i was so stoked to read that. The hour of MY mission has come. i wrote that in my journal and thought about it a lot. wait..its not even my mission..its the LORDS mission. I am here for Him. I will serve HIM. Oh fam..Wanna do something with me? I made a goal to read the whole BOM by the time i left the MTC. Im in the middle of 2 Nephi right now but you should do it with me! its about 10 pages a day. Dad--i read 2 Nephi (i cant remember the chapter heehee) 17-35. its the best on repentace and forgiveness. Share it with anyone who is struggling with repentance. its amazing. Less actives are not black sheep, they are lost sheep. and lost sheep can ALWAYS be found. With the help of us, the scriptures, and most importantly, Christs atonement.
I hope you all have a happy week. I LOVE YOU. you're the best fam. Pray everyday allday! Heavenly Father is very mindful of all of us.
Love, Wilcox Shimai


No comments:

Post a Comment