Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Sweet Week!

I'm just over here DYING at Parker's letter oh my gosshhhhhh Parker
your mission will be SO different than I ever imagined and so
different from mine and shays missions. I'm jealous and want to be
dendoing in Arj with you!!!!! Hahah a man just straight up grabbed
you? Hahahahahahah your comp "Elder run!" Oh wish I got that on film.

But on a serious note, that's way neat that you give so many
blessings. Remember in Mexico going to those investigators houses and
that one lady received a blessing? The spirit was so incredible, I
won't ever forget that night. That's one of the reasons I wanted to
come on a mission so bad! I could see that the Lord does reach out to
His children, and in most cases it is through other people. I want to
be someone that He can use to comfort and uplift and reach and teach
and loooove- and you are so doing just that. Proud of you lil brother.
:) also. In reality, our missions are not that different.
For example:
1. Handshaking is different here too. It's like shaking a dead
fish and if I grab too hard, bones will be broken. a cute little touch
of the fingers is more than enough physical contact. #imisshugs
2. We don't buy milk in a bag BUTT we buy little schools of fish
in a bag that taste like mashed potatoes.
3. Everyone drinks from the same maté cup? Yaaa at every drinking
fountain there is a cup you use to drink from. I don't know who's in
charge of washing those things but....mahh いいじゃない?
4. When housing, We also need to get past the gate. Then we need
to get past the "kekkou box". In Japanese, kekkou means "no thank
you." So we ring the doorbell with an awk camera, and they watch you
as you talk into a box saying who you are and what you're doing. And
if they're not interested you hear a great big KEKKOU DESU. *thuper
duper exthiting* (what a girl wants)
{When I was serving with Mineta Shimai, I would stand in front of the
kekkou box camera and just mouth the words while she talked
....hahaha}
5. Lots of people ride bikes here too.
6. When we see dirt or grass it is a really exciting moment and
we always take pictures.
7. People are attracted to our cameras, too. We always ask people
to take pictures of us as a way to start a conversation (using the
only sentence mom and dad taught us in Japanese. Shasshin wo totte
kudasaimasu ka?) ;)

So. Whether in Argentina or Japan, life just isn't that different you
see. :) and the message we share everyday is the same. And the
feelings are the same. And God loves all his children with the same
perfect love we have all felt. DAKARA Issho ni GANBARIMASHOU! (Let's hang in there together!)

This week was sweet. A really really AWESOME week. Let me just give
you updates on the cherries on top of the million things that happened
this week.

Met with N-chan a couple times. She has been taught a lot, but my
favorite thing was when we were teaching about the Spirit. We
explained that it was the love of God and a really great feeling. We
did not really explain what the spirit actually feels like, however
when we asked if she thinks she has ever felt the spirit before, she
said, "Well if I remember correctly, at General conference I felt a
warm feeling in my heart."
Wowwww just such a miracle to me that for the extra few min that we
had, we went housing, found someone interested in the gospel, and this
person has now prayed to Heavenly Father, knows who He is, and has
FELT THE SPIRIT. She is really progressing and we have so much faith
in her! Please pray for N-chan.

Remember the girl (Y-chan) we talked to during "harp dendo" who
ended up inviting us over to her house? We stopped by again this week
and only had about 20ish min to visit. We prayed that we would be able
to use this time effectively and that the spirit would touch their
hearts. Well right as we sat down, she just started asking all about
missionaries and the church. The whole time we were able to testify
about why we are here in Japan and what blessings we receive from
living a Christ-centered life. It was AWESOME, then as we were about
to leave she told us to come back any time and tell her in more detail
about church. #yessssssss #answeredprayers

We got a referral from Sister Clines mother! Her friend had a Japanese
girl home stay with them, she lived in Utah for about 20 years and
just moved home to take care of her mom. We visited her and she was so
surprised and stoked to be talking in English again. (Sister Cline was
also stoked on English) Of course she knows a ton about Mormons and
has been to church a few times. Excited to meet her again!
#miracleshappenonceinawhile #whenyoubelieve 🎶

B-chan. We will finally get to officially teach B-chan. She wants lessons
at her house as well as at church, and her heart is changing and
softening its so VISIBLE gahhhh anyway yesterday, we had a lesson
after church with her and Imai Shimai. B-chan had looked up things about
Joseph smith on YouTube and obvs was not good. So she had a lot of
questions and doubts and Imai Shimai KILLED it and laid down the law
about Joseph Smith. The spirit was so strong. By the end of the
lesson, B-chan said all her doubts were gone. Also, sitting in on this
lesson was Yagi Kyoudai, who just last month has been coming back to
church after being less active for many years. At the end he bore the
sweetest, most sincere testimony I've ever heard. It was such a happy
moment. I love the gospel so much SOOOOO MUCH

Last story...
We had the best zone conference ever this week. We had a testimony
meeting afterwards, and it was the most sacred and special meeting
I've been in on my mission. One of the elders shared about coming on a
mission right after his mom passed away. He shared his testimony and
you can tell he knows the Plan of Salvation is so true. Earlier, When
the meeting had started, the song "if the savior stood beside me"
popped in my head. I turned around and imagined...or really saw the
Savior sitting with us. Then as I went up to bear testimony, the
chapel was filled with angels, and I really believe Elder Laumatias
mom was there. And Sister Humphreys mom. And so many from the other
side of the veil that want so desperately to help us. It was a sacred
and hallowed place for me, a moment I will never forget. I know this
is all so true. How can it not be? We cannot deny the feelings of the
Holy Ghost.

"I'll walk with you, I'll talk with you, that's how I'll show my love for you."

The Savior does show us love, and we can show love back to Him. Do you feel it?
I love you so much. Have a happy week!!!!.





No comments:

Post a Comment