Monday, September 14, 2015

Xoxo


Well this week was A.m.A.z.I.N.g. Also remember reading shaylees emails and she was like "woooow this week was the best week of my mission!!!" ? Except she'd say that every week? Haha well I finally feel like that! ;) the Lord is hastening His work, it's the best..the BEST to be here in Gifu seeing miracles everyday. My testimony is built up everyday, and I literally feel like I am on a springboard of conversion. The Spirit here is sweet and real and overwhelming. Sister Cline and I feel too blessed, praying that we can carry these feelings into the hearts of the Gifu-ites.

Haha I can't believe you saw the pics and video from the Mexican party. Awko taco. However we felt like it was a huge success in so many ways. We got a new investigator from it! She is a cute little mom named Masako with 2 little kids. She accepted to do 30/30 program. She has rejected the missionaries for years, and the members have been trying for years with her, and somehow the Lord softened her heart, and she said yes. After that we told her we were speaking in church the next day, asked her to come, said she couldn't--Too taihen with her kids. BUT THEN SHE SHOWED UP right as I was ending my talk. But still WHAAAAT she came with her kids, and then her kids went to primary and she went to class. Way cool. Anyway, we were so happy with how things turned out, it was a lot of work, we had to cook the meat for 12ish hours over the week and go early to prepare the food with some members, but so glad that we feel like it was a good use of our time. I think it really helped gain trust with the members, and more than half the people there were non-members. #yay

CHURCH: wow. Yesterday we were at the church from 8:30-6:30. (dad sound familiar?) but it was sooooo great, we were teaching back to back lessons the entire time. We had 3 investigators at church yesterday, were able to teach them all, then the members also had people for us to teach. The recent converts here, Tami and Numa, are incredible. They are on fire with missionary work. They were there helping us teach the whole time. It was so much fun. Not every lesson is perfect and we don't always say the right things, but how perfect is the Holy Ghost, how perfect is Gods love! That is the beauty of it all. We are all working toward perfection, so we can work with others imperfections. We can especially work through our own imperfections and weaknesses that others might not accept, and rely on the Holy Ghost and the Saviors grace to make our message perfectly acceptable.

We talked with A-chan about baptism again. She said she wants to get baptized in January for her birthday. Which is SOOO great, however that gives Satan a lot of time to work against her. Please keep her in your prayers! We loooove her!
We also invited W-chan to be baptized, she said she would, she just has problems with Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. We would love to hear any ideas you have to strengthen her testimony of the restoration.

Ahh out of time but this week Elder Whiting from the Area general presidency came. This devotional also changed my life. Haha seriously I learned sooo much and felt so close to heaven. One thing that I really loved was..about love. 💙 Elder whiting asked president and sister Ishii to stand up and tell us how many kids they had and how many grandkids. They have 4 kids and 12 grandkids (mahhh I think). Elder whiting then "made a deal" with them and said, "I love you guys so much I'm gonna let you bring 2kids and 7 grandkids up to the celestial kingdom with you!" Sister Ishii said "Dame." Hah Elder whiting then re-thought his deal and said "okay, fine. You can bring 3 kids and 8 grandkids! Are you happy now? you get to have more than half!" She again said, "Dame. We have 4 kids and 12 grandkids." They expected all to be in the celestial kingdom with them. First of all--Fam. I love you so much. We are thousands of miles apart, and I haven't seen you for a long time. Shay it's been almost 3 years. Won't see Parker for 3 years. And yet I feel closer and feel more love for each of you- more than I have in my entire life. I can't imagine the celestial kingdom as a joyful and perfect place if one of you is absent. And what I will never understand in this life is Gods love. He loves us perfectly. And he has already lost 1/3 of his children. And so many more. We must bring His children back to Him. We cannot feel His love and know the spirit without having a huge desire to bring His other lost sheep back to the fold. They are not black sheep, just lost sheep.
We can do this. We have the tools. Now do we have the faith?

I love you. The Savior lives. We are living in the last days, don't take one day for granted. Let's keep progressing together. Love you so much. Xoxoxoxo

Sister Wilcox


No comments:

Post a Comment